- Public Works
- Utility Customer Service
- New Resident Information
New Resident Information
Establishing New Service
In order to establish new service, the City of Willis requires that the following information to be presented in person at 200 N Bell Street
- A completed water service application (PDF).
- A driver's license or state issued ID
- A minimum deposit of $65, and a $10 service fee.
- Your lease agreement or deed. According to our Identity Theft Prevention Policy, we must verify that the person seeking to open the account matches the name(s) on the lease agreement or deed of where service is to be established.
To establish commercial service you must submit the following via fax, email or in person:
- A completed commercial water application
- A minimum deposit of $90, and a $10 service fee
- A W-9
If you are not able to come in person, you can fax, or email a completed notarized water service application with a copy of your driver's license and lease agreement to Utility Customer Service. You must call to verify all paperwork was received and to pay deposit and service charge over the phone.
Residential Garbage Service
Curbside Cart Collection Service
Once a week collection: household garbage, grass clippings, leaves branches and tree trimmings in the cart and place at the curb at 7 a.m. Each home will receive one 96 gallon cart from Waste Management and will remain the property of Waste Management. If you find you need an extra can please contact Willis City Hall 936-856-4611 for further information regarding pricing. Please bag all trash. This will keep your container in a clean manner. To clean, just spray with a mild household cleaner and wash out with water. All waste is limited to the container.
Bulk Trash Collection
Bulk trash collection will be provided on the last Monday of each month. These items may include moving boxes (please break them down and bundle), old furniture, appliances, yard waste, tree/branch bundles or any items too large for the cart. Please note that Waste Management cannot dispose of items containing CFC refrigerant (i.e, refrigerators, freezers, etc.) without certification that the Freon has been properly removed and recycled, pursuant to current federal law.
- Limit 8 items each month
- The last Monday of each month
- No household waste can be put out as your bulky items
Unused & Unwanted Items
The City of Willis, Texas offers a collection service for these household special materials to residents. Through this program, you can schedule a collection of these materials right from your home.
- Automotive Products (used motor oil, oil filters and batteries)
- Garden Chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, weed killers, etc.)
- Paint Products
- Household Cleaners
- Electronics (TV's, computers, monitors and more)
- Household batteries
- Fluorescent tubes and Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL)
- Thermometers and thermostats
We do not accept biological waste, appliances, ammunition, asbestos, any medicines/pharmaceuticals or radioactive materials. Materials must be in a sealed, labeled container in 5 gal or less. This is a residential program only, no business materials will be collected.
There are three easy ways to schedule a collection:
- Visit the At My Door website
- Call 800-449-7587 (Monday through Friday, 5 a.m.-5 p.m. PST)
- Email At Your Door
Easy and Convenient!