It is the mission of the Willis Police Department to enhance the quality of life of all members of the community by:
- Providing a safe and secure environment
- Protecting the Constitutional rights of all people
- Enforcing the laws
- Exercising regulatory authority
- Preserving the peace
- Applying the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and accountability in partnership with the community.
To accomplish the mission, it is imperative that members of the Willis Police Department embrace and hold dear good character and ethical policing practices. It is not possible to have a policy and procedure for every situation or problem that an officer may face. However, by adhering to the values of good character, ethical policing practices, training, knowledge and life experience, officers can make good decisions.
- Honesty - a commitment, in communications and conduct, to truthfulness, sincerity, and candor, and avoidance of stealing, cheating or trickery
- Respect - a commitment to tolerance and propriety, without intimidation or prejudice
- Responsibility - a commitment to accountability, pursuing excellence, and self-restraint
- Justice and Fairness - a commitment to equity, due process, openness and consistency
- Caring - a commitment to concern for others, and to considering the impact of decisions and actions on others
- Civic Virtue and Citizenship - a commitment to social consciousness beyond one's own-interest; an obligation to contribute to the overall public good